- 3-10 hours per week.
- Due to the nature of this role, the preferred candidate is someone who can commit to volunteering with Hopeful Tails Dog Rescue on a long-term basis. If you are interested in applying, submit your application!
* Please note the time commitment for this role will vary depending on how many dogs we have in our care.
- Oversee the timely placement of animals into foster care and support Foster families.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit new Fosters into the organization
- Contact potential Fosters to discuss their needs and answer any questions they may have once an application has been received.
- Ensure potential Fosters complete all paperwork and forward it to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Arrange for references to be conducted through the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Review the references then set up a home visit through the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Review the home visit results to ensure that the home is safe and determine if the applicant is successful.
- Provide training/mentoring and orientation materials/manual to ensure fosters are comfortable and set up for success.
- Reach out to Foster when a dog has been matched to them.
- Arrange dog pick up/drop off time with Foster and arrange transport if required through the Transportation Coordinator and ensure that all necessities (food, collar, crate, medical supplies) are dropped off.
- Continue to provide support to the Foster ensuring compliance with rescue practices and help in the transition to an Adoption Coordinator.
- Maintain contact with rescue Fosters regularly to ensure their satisfaction and work to improve their experience.
- Arrange training sessions and provide rescue news and general dog welfare information.
- Provide suggestions on/create policies, processes, training programs, and orientation materials/manual to improve the functioning of the rescue.
- Maintain and update all paperwork and reports while ensuring the confidentiality of all records.
- Provide support to the rescue by participating in fundraising events, adoption events, transporting supplies/dogs, etc.
- Attend virtual meetings (as required).
- Assist Foster to resolve emergency situations (as required).
- Be available by cell phone to answer questions/deal with emergencies (as required).
- Passion for dogs/animal rescue.
- Good knowledge of dog behaviour, training, and veterinary care.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Computer skills such as email, social media, online databases, Word, etc.
If you’re interested in this role, please fill out the application below – we can’t wait to hear from you!