- 3-10 hours per week.
* Please note the time commitment for this role will vary depending on how many dogs we have in our care.
- Handle all aspects of processing adoption applications for the dog(s) under your supervision.
- Work with Fosters to learn about the dog’s character, behaviour, and medical care to determine who the ideal adopter would be.
- Draft social media posts for the dog to attract potential adopters.
- Work with the Foster and Medical Coordinator to arrange medical and/or training appointments.
- Review adoption applications, determine applicants who most closely match the dog’s needs, and contact the applicant(s) to gain more insight into what their needs are.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule reference checks.
- Review references for the potential adopter then schedule a home visit through the Volunteer Coordinator and assess whether the home is safe.
- Arrange a ‘meet and greet’ between the most closely matched adopter and the Foster/dog.
- Finalize all paperwork regarding the adoption.
- Communicate with potential adopters regarding the status of their application.
- Keep current on all dogs in the rescue to suggest other dogs to potential adopters.
- Maintain communication with all rescue adopters to ensure the continual success of adoption and create articles about adoption to be shared on social media.
- Maintain and update all paperwork and reports while ensuring the confidentiality of all records.
- Provide suggestions on policies and processes to improve the functioning of the rescue.
- Provide support to the rescue by participating in fundraising events, adoption events, transporting supplies/dogs, etc.
- Attend virtual meetings (as required).
- Be available by cell phone to answer questions/deal with emergencies (as required).
- Assist Foster to resolve emergency situations (as required).
- Passion for dogs/animal rescue.
- Good knowledge of dog behaviour, training, and veterinary care.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Computer skills such as email, social media, online databases, Word, etc.
If you’re interested in this role, please fill out the application below – we can’t wait to hear from you!